Flowers!!!!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Church and The Bishop!!!!

Hello All,

I know that it's been a while since my last post. A lot has happened between now and then which brings me to my newest discussion.

There have been recent allegations eluding to the misconduct of Bishop Eddie Long and male counterparts from his congregation. I have heard every opinion known to man but what I have not heard is a prayer on behalf of all involved. I entitled this post "The Church and The Bishop" because not only is Bishop Eddie Long being scrutinized for such "out the norm" behavior, the church as a whole is now under attack. Mega churches have been scrutinized from the very begining because people don't truly understand the laws of sowing and reaping. People's views of Christ is somewhat scewed in that they feel he was a very poor man who was filled with compassion and humility. Only part of that is true. The bible is filled with God's views on money and how we should handle it. It is only when money is loved that it becomes a sin. When you use your money for kingdom purposes then it will be blessed and multiplied. God knew that people with lack of knowledge wouldn't understand this principle and that's why he stated that the blessing comes with persecution.

I think that the body of Christ need to uplift our spiritual leaders on a consistent basis because at the end of the day, they are human just as we are. The bible tells us not to put our confidence in man. If your man or woman of God is feeding you spiritual food that is producing fruit in your life then that in itself is a blessing. If you are in a ministry that is feeding you mere opinions that are not bible based then that my friend is not the will of God for your life. He (God) said that my people perish for the lack of knowledge...why because people refuse to allow the word of God to weigh heavier in their lives than circumstances.

Please join me as I lift up Bishop Eddie Long and the Body of Christ in prayer...

Dear Heavenly Father,
I come to you in the name of Jesus. Asking for forgiveness of any sin that has so easily beset me. I repent for any time I've allowed the opinions of others to cause me to think negatively about the Bishop or the church as a whole. Lord, I lift up the man of God and his family as well as the young men involved in this case. I ask that the truth will be made known so that we as a body can move forward in the things of God. If the truth reveals any flaws or sins in the man of God may you give us a loving and compassionate heart to forgive and restore him back to righteousness. If the truth reveals that the men involved plotted against your anointed by conjuring up such dreadful lies may you cleanse them of all unrighteousness and forgive them of their sin. Lastly, if the truth reveals that the young men were vicitimized, then Lord I ask that you would restore them wholeheartedly.  Lord, only You know where the truth lies and as a result, only You know how to remove the tarnishment from the church as a whole. May people seize this opportunity to pray and not speculate. Heal the hurt, the pain, and the embarrassment of all involved. Thank You Lord for vindication in every area. I plead the blood over our spiritual leaders and I plead the blood against every satanic plot or plan to destroy the purpose for why they exist. I come against every demonic force that is in operation in our spiritual leaders so that they may walk blameless before You and your people! Thank You Lord, that although we are not perfect, we are forgiven through and by the love of God and the blood of His son Jesus! This is my prayer! In Jesus Name, Amen!

If you prayed this prayer with me...May God bless you!