Flowers!!!!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Marriage Series: Lesson 1-What a Wife Should Never Say to Her Husband!

Hi Ladies,
I'm so glad you joined me. I am excited about what God is birthing on the inside of me concerning marriages and meaningful relationships. Often times we tend to follow the idiosyncrasies that we've learned from watching meaningless relationships from our childhood whether intentional or by happenstance. Whatever the case may be the major issue in most marriages aside from financial would be the lack of proper communication. It is one of the biggest threats to our marital relationships because when it is not used properly it will destroy the human spirit. So let's start by focusing on the top 25 things that a wife should never say to her husband.

As a Wife, I vow to never say...

  1. I told you so
  2. You're always in a bad mood
  3. You just don't think
  4. It's all your fault
  5. What's wrong with you
  6. All you ever do is complain
  7. I can't do anything to please you
  8. You made your bed; now lie in it
  9. You should have thought about that before
  10. You never listen to me
  11. All you care about is yourself
  12. I don't know why I put up with you
  13. I can talk to you until I'm blue in the face and it doesn't do any good
  14. If you don't like it you know where the door is
  15. That was stupid
  16. What's your problem
  17. You think you are always right
  18. You don't own me
  19. You never help around the house
  20. Who do you think you are
  21. You're impossible
  22. What do you want now
  23. You are such a big baby
  24. It's all about you isn't it
  25. How many times do I have to tell you
Whew, I know that was hard to swallow because we are all guilty of using those negative filled words towards our spouses. Yet, there is hope. Join me tomorrow as I show you the 25 things that your husband longs to hear.

If you are currently speaking any of these negative words into your marriage and into your spouse, let's pray this prayer and start fresh. It will change the entire dynamics of your marriage and ultimately your life.

Father in the name of Jesus, I come before you now asking for your forgiveness for all of the negative words I've sown into _____________ 's life. I pray for an immediate crop failure because I realize my words are containers that will produce what I say. Whatever he is lacking, Lord help me to speak nothing but the desired result. I vow to choose my words carefully as it relates to __________ and I ask that you will anoint my lips and soften my tongue so that I may bless him at all times. Thank you Lord for a renewed marriage and for the wisdom to carry out! In Jesus name, Amen!