Flowers!!!!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Growing Faith

Faith is something that we've all struggled with at some point in our lives whether it was lack of faith (little faith) or having no faith at all. However, the bible says that without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God (Hebrews 11:6)!

So, let's talk about this thing called faith. Hebrews 11:1 says that "faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen". Therefore, it is safe to say that we hope for things we do not "yet" see through the substance of this thing called faith.

I remember when I had  15.00 in the bank and my son needed a pair of brown shoes for school. I prayed before I went to the store and I asked God to assist us with this purchase. I said Lord, I have 15.00 in the bank and my son needs a pair of brown shoes now lead us to them in Jesus name. I went to Payless Shoe Source and sure enough I found a pair of brown shoes that were perfect for him. But wait, the sticker says 22.99 but I have only 15.00 in the bank. Now, I'm in a dilemma. I desire to have these shoes so I decided to go up to the register and ask if they were on sale and the sales clerk looked at the sticker and said no. I then grabbed the shoes from the counter and walked back to the isle to put them back and then it hit me, exercise your faith! So I turned back around and told the clerk confidently, that these are the shoes that I want. So she scanned them and to both of our amazement the shoes rang up for 14.99 and she replied, "oh I'm sorry they were on sale and they must have been overlooked". My faith put them put them on sale! Praise God! I had enough money to buy the shoes despite what glitches they had in their store. I thanked God right then and there for His goodness and then I called everyone I knew who would listen and I began to share the good news. My faith in God moved the mountain of 22.99. God continued to supply my every need!

I have so many testimonies like this one because I chose to please God by operating my faith in Him on a consistent basis. I never fret when situations arise because I know that I serve a big God. God is looking for individuals who will flat out trust Him no matter what. It is His utmost desire to do us good all the days of our lives. It is up to us whether or not we will experience His goodness. Make a decision today to trust God no matter what. Start small by simply utilizing your faith for gas money or a designer shirt (for example). You must grow your faith from one level to the next. Once you experience God with the gas money or the designer shirt, then move to something greater than that. Your faith will begin to catapult you into a realm that's unimaginable! Begin to believe God and He will show Himself strong in your life! Feel free to testify when He does because this will truly be a blessing to others!

~Blessings